Spencer (Horizontal Zip) / Frank West (Shopping Cart) / Doctor Doom (Hidden Missiles)
I’ve been trying to find a combo for my team for Frank West that is at least 23 hits so I only need 1 assist to consistently level him to 4.
I’ve noticed that his j. H and his L Tools of Survival have extremely long hit-stun so I’ve been experimenting with different ways to utilize this.
What I came up with is his new BnB that is good in so many ways:
- Consistently hits for 23 hits, if not more
- Works on every character with slight modifications
- Works anywhere
- Hit confirms off max range, using st. M, cr. M, cr. H.
- More damaging than his regular combos
The full combo with double snap shot will get you to level 4, do about 640k, and is corner to corner by the end of the super.
This is important for a lot of teams, especially mine, since the Spencer/Doom follow up tech I discovered lets you add an extra ~350k and meter gain.
Here is a video showing new technologies that I’ve developed:
Notation as follows for the BnB:
476k before Snapshot, 23 hits
M, cr.M, cr.H, S, j.M xx L Tools, j.H, land, j.L, j.L, j.M, j.S, TK H Tools, M, S, j.L, j.L, j.M, j.M, j.H, down + j.H (knee drop)
Some points about the combo:
- The first j.M XX L Tools should be done immediately, as fast as you can. The j.H you can more or less mash but you can delay it ever so slightly to make people drop a bit lower and get them with a more damaging jump loop.
- The jump loop is tweaked to add hits and also universal against all characters.
- After the TK H Tools, I do M, S because the air series ending with the Knee Drop after this will NOT be a cross up. If you use cr.H, S instead, it does more damage, but the resulting Knee Drop will cross up and the opponent will be on the other side of Frank (towards where you started the combo from)
- You have to do the Knee Drop instead of j.S because the position of the opponent will make the j. S whiff sometimes.
The max damage, less consistent version of this, off the same confirm, is just slight replacements of certain buttons:
M, cr.M, cr.H, S, j.M xx L Tools, j.H, land, j.L, j.M, j.M, j.S, TK H Tools, cr.H, S, j.L, j.L, j.M, j.M, j.H, down + j.H (knee drop)
Damage added is minimal and the knee drop will cross up, the jump loop may whiff on smaller characters.
I’ll break down his jump loop and his corner level 5 combo soon! And I’ll go in depth about the Spencer follow up tech too. Can be found here at this link: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ultimate-arm-bionic-arm-umvc3-spencer-combo-thread.149674/page-7#post-6717761